So, last Saturday I went to my college friend wedding party. I remember my first reaction when I received the invitation and I thought, “He’s getting married? Lucky for him, unlucky for the girl ha ha ha ha….” And I LMAO till my stomach is hurt (really, I’m not over emphasized it). Maybe the reason why I was so psyche and can’t help myself is cuz I’m not the “married type of guy”.
Back to my friend wedding party, I noticed how “scrooge Mc’Duck” I am. In Indonesia, when U went to wedding party, there’s a custom (not compulsory or obligation, just some rather moral sense) to give some money in the envelope as a token of gift or gratitude for the bride and bridegroom. Thus I give them my money (though somehow I felt like I was robbed or mugged somehow) and put them in the “basket” or any kind of container for it.
So, in sense of justice and reciprocity, I decided that at the very least I should find some BEP (Break Even Point) for the cash I wasted before and I will eat till I found my BEP (yep, I’m Scrooge Mc’Duck all right). At the wedding I met with old acquaintance and college friend and since most of them is already married or at least already have partner in crime (read : boyfriend or girlfriend) the cliché question like “when will U married (or conduct some serious relationship)?” or “Where’s U’r girlfriend?” or any other variant of that type of question.
Seriously, I never give much thought ‘bout this till now so I manage to breakdown some why’s I never give approval to the idea of married, such as :
- Like I mentioned before, I committed to many thing in life I don’t think I could add another one
- There are already too many people on this earth, so I decided to give mother nature a break by not add another one (or two or three if I married)
- I don’t think I could be satisfied with one fish knowing that I will eat the very same fish for the rest of my life knowing there are so many fish in the sea
- I’m not established enough even to support a decent life for myself, what will happen if I also have to support another one?
- Probably this is my youth in revolt kicked in. Cuz my religion said that married is some sort of compulsory, so in order to maintain my reputation as “atheist” I against the idea of married
- We were born alone in this world (unless U R twins) so it is natural that we also lives alone
But I also ask myself, what if the worst-case scenario really happens, I do get married one day, what could possibly drive me to do that? I can only think these options :
- MBA (Married by accident), maybe I was “lost track” when do intercourse or too “on fire” that somehow my partner in crime (literally) is getting pregnant and somehow I have to married her cuz I don’t have the nerve to kill an innocent life
- I lost a bet and the price that I have to pay is to get married (really, I’m an avid gambler whose sucks on gambling, God truly love me that he made me worst at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed, hint of sarcasm)
- I finally found the special girl that KO me and made this untamed creature is surrender and give his all to the girl. Maybe this is why most of the girl I fell in love (can’t believe I said the “L” word!) with is have no chances to be graduated to the next level he he, my thanks a lot my sub-conscious
Of course all my friend and acquaintances thinks I’m crazy, childish an outrageous, also charming as hell (OK I add the last part) but I guess that’s my personality he he. My friend says I should act my age, what’s my age again? 27 are the new 17 and live my life the way I want it hell yeah!!!!